BETA

Coordinator
Feb 4, 2014 at 9:44 PM
What you are thinking about this libary?
Any questions?
Any hints?
Any criticism?
....
Mar 27, 2014 at 3:12 PM
Hi! Good work!
I just started using it and found that the Wpt class was missing <speed> and <course> tags. I changed that class and uploaded a patch for you to review.
Thank you for your work!
Coordinator
Mar 28, 2014 at 7:29 AM
Thank you!
I would like to receive the two properties. I would like to ensure that this library accurately reflects the GPX version 1.1. SPEED and COURSE are not included in this specification. At least I have not found them. Here is the link to the specification: wpt 1.1.
Can it be the right way to include SPEED and COURSE inside EXTENSIONS type?
Please be so kind to tell me if I'm wrong.

Thank you so much for your post!
Mar 28, 2014 at 4:56 PM
You are right! I was looking at 1.0 specification... sorry for the confusion.
The way to include speed and course in 1.1, as you say, is via the extension element, but there is not a standard schema for doing that.
I was in the need of including that information in the waypoint, because the data I have includes instantaneous speed and heading from a GPS receiver.
If I want to export this data from my application for others to read, I think I should use 1.0 instead... or just another file format ;)
If I come to another conclusion, I'll let you know.
Thank you again.
Mar 28, 2014 at 5:05 PM
Oh, and by the way, you just can ignore the patch I uploaded at https://www.codeplex.com/Download?ProjectName=gpxlib&DownloadId=818994.
Nov 5, 2014 at 9:33 PM
Edited Nov 5, 2014 at 9:53 PM
Hi,
I try the library, I use the LoadFromFile(string filename) method but I received the "Can't deserialize" Exception.
I look into the code and I see the try catch block in the deserialization process and a simple
throw new Exception("Can't deserialize");
In this manner you are hiding the inner Exception.
I think my problem is that my GPX file is 1.0 version (or it is only "marked" as 1.0 by the namespace).
But I can't figure out the real problem because of your catch hide it.
I think it can be changed in:
catch (Exception exc)
{
        throw new Exception("Can't deserialize", exc);
}
so who use the library can see the problem.

[Update]
I check the .gpx file I used. It is created by last version of ViewRanger software for Symbian system (on my Nokia 5800).
I change this:
<gpx xmlns="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/0" version="1.0" creator="ViewRanger - http://www.viewranger.com" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/0 http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/0/gpx.xsd">
to this:
<gpx xmlns="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1" version="1.0" creator="ViewRanger - http://www.viewranger.com" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1 http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1/gpx.xsd">
and it works.

Alessandro
Dec 2, 2014 at 6:55 PM
Your class doesn't handle route name correctly.
The field RteList[0].Name is NULL while in external XML editor we see
<name>Route 001</name>
Dec 3, 2014 at 7:48 PM
Edited Dec 3, 2014 at 7:56 PM
Never mind, your component lacks a lot of functionality.
Good work, though! It is much simpler to use than Spatiallite and GeoTools. Wait for full release but now I will use other libraries